When making gifts to Shedd Aquarium, there are some strategies to consider that will provide benefits to you while still helping Shedd:
• 2013 Tax Changes
• Matching Gifts
• Gifts of Stock
• Gifts other than Cash or Stock
Maximize your impact! Your gift to Shedd could qualify for a matching gift. Many companies, both big and small, may double (or even triple) the value of donations made to Shedd Aquarium. You are recognized for the combined value of your personal gift and the corporate match. There are three easy steps to secure a matching gift:
1. Obtain the form and instructions from your human resources or community relations department.
2. Complete the employee section and sign the form.
3. Mail or fax the form to Shedd Aquarium, 1200 S. Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60605, attn.: Development; we’ll take care of the rest!
Did you know?
• If your spouse works for a company that also matches gifts, you may be eligible for an additional corporate match.
• Many companies will match gifts for retirees as well as for full- and part-time employees.
Gifts Other than Cash or Stock
There are lots of ways to make a difference at Shedd. You could:
• Include Shedd in your will.
• Create a charitable life-income arrangement (such as a charitable gift annuity or charitable remainder trust) or a charitable lead trust to benefit Shedd.
• Name Shedd as a beneficiary of retirement assets or life insurance.
• Donate a personal residence or vacation home to Shedd and reserve a life estate.
There are many ways to utilize your IRA’s as a part of your charitable giving plans. Some of these strategies may be affected by legislation currently pending in Congress. Please contact your tax or financial advisor to determine if any of these strategies are appropriate for you and your goals.
Your personal financial, tax, estate and charitable goals will determine if any of these gifts may be right for you. To learn more about these gifts, please contact email@example.com.
Thank you for your generosity!
New! Adopt-an-Animal program
Contribute to Shedd's mission in a new way by symbolically adopting a penguin, Pacific white-sided dolphin or beluga whale.