Member Relations Representative (part-time)
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
Manager, Human Resources
John G. Shedd Aquarium
1200 S. Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60605
Based on Shedd Aquarium’s commitment to the environment, electronic versions of resumes are preferred.
Title: Member relations representative
Status: Part-time, regular
Supports all functions related to customer service for Shedd’s member and donor base of 35,000+ households. Works closely with Member Relations and Guest Experience staff to maintain excellent customer service at point of entry and throughout members’ experience. Provides excellent customer service and timely response on member relations hotline and e-mail correspondence.
This is a part-time position (25 to 30 hours a week); hours may vary by season, and the individual must be willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
• Work with the member relations coordinator to provide superior customer service to members on the members hotline and through daily e-mail correspondence. Ensure all communication and grievances are handled in compliance with the aquarium’s customer-service standards.
• Supports member service on the floor by collaborating with member relations coordinator and Guest Experience staff. Assists in implementation of member check-in, on-site sales and card fulfillment program as needed.
• Supports implementation of members events and special programming throughout the year.
• Provides administrative support to the member relations team.
• Other duties as assigned.
• EDUCATION: Two years of college-level work required. BA or BS in related field preferred.
• JOB EXPERIENCE: Minimum of one to two years in a customer service position required with a demonstrated ability to be proactive, work independently and accomplish results in a high-level service environment. Similar experience in a museum or cultural institution is desirable.
• SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: Strong organizational, interpersonal and verbal skills required. Professional presentation, ability to handle stressful situations and manage multiple projects effectively required. Must be proficient in Word and Excel and have good recordkeeping experience. Raiser’s Edge experience preferred.
• UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Weekends required.