Especially for Members
Your Shedd membership gives you free and unlimited entry to all the aquarium’s exhibits—and so much more! Events, discounts and special offers are all part of your Shedd members benefits. And be sure to check out our member visit tips!
We're excited to share a number of the innovative projects underway at Shedd Aquarium! Read about what we're accomplishing with your support behind-the-scenes of Shedd, on the lakeshore, and even hip-deep in a South American river. Thank you for partnering with us!
Members can now purchase their discounted penguin encounter in advance online. Purchase your tickets here.
Members can now purchase their discounted behind-the-scenes tour in advance online. Purchase your tickets here and use the code ADVMEM.
Advance Aquatic Show Tickets
We added an advance ticket purchase option for the aquatic show current Shedd Aquarium members. For just $2.30 a ticket, you can book the aquatic show exclusively for members. Tickets must be purchased at least 24 hours before your Shedd visit.
Click here for details on how to purchase advance aquatic show tickets.
Feeding Tour: Behind-the-Scenes in Wild Reef
Members can purchase their discounted Feeding Tour: Behind-the-Scenes in Wild Reef in advance online. Purchase your tickets here and use the code ADVMEM.
NOTE: Members with advance tickets for an Extraordinary Experience should still check-in at the main desk to receive their entry wristbands.
Member Visit Tips
• Carry your membership card. It gives you expedited entry and access to a day of fun with 32,500 animals, and all of your special on-site member benefits. (Don’t worry, there is a back-up plan if you forget or have misplaced your card: Simply show your photo ID at the membership desk.)
• Have a plan. See new faces or old friends– plan your visit before you arrive.
• Check the members page. Get your Aquatic Show tickets in advance, hear about member events, and learn where else you can receive discounts as a Shedd Aquarium member.
• Arrive early. Not only will you have the best views of the animals, but you’ll have the best chance to get your free tickets to the aquatic show. We are open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on weekends, now through Memorial Day.
• Check in. Stop at the membership desk off the main foyer with your membership card to get your member wristbands and tickets to any shows you would like.
• Take advantage of your discounts in the restaurants and gift stores.
Education Programs—From family sleepovers to underwater photography lessons, Shedd members receive discounts on almost all of the aquarium’s educational programs. Find upcoming offerings for kids, teens, families, or adults.
Extraordinary Experiences—Members enjoy everyday discounts on beluga encounters and Trainer for a Day experiences. Mention your membership when you call 312-692-3224 to reserve.
Shedd Restaurants—Present your membership card at Soundings Café, Bubble Net food court, or the Deep Ocean Café to receive 10 percent off your purchase. Save on snacks, drinks and lunches. See what we’re serving.
Shedd Stores—From the educational and enlightening to the fun and fuzzy, you’ll find great souvenirs and gifts in the Shedd stores. Members save 10 percent every day.
Advance Aquatic Show tickets
Special offers for members:
• Ghirardelli discount
• Water Tower Place discounts
Members FAQ Page
Have questions about your membership? Check out our FAQ page for Members!
New! Adopt-an-Animal program
Contribute to Shedd's mission in a new way by symbolically adopting a penguin, Pacific white-sided dolphin or beluga whale.